The world has not become simpler since Destiny-II has come out. But this only serves to illustrate that the underlying questions as to what makes life acceptable, what constitutes a life worth spending 3 weeks in ICU hell, 1-3 years in depression and predementia cognitive impairment, cannot easily be resolved. A complex topic such as decompressive craniectomy for malignant MCA stroke cannot be explained in two sentences. So we will try to lead a fruitful ethical discussion in the style of PBL – let us see what becomes of it.
Here are some important references:
- A current review (this is before Destiny-II came out)
- An article about the technical aspects of DH
- What does the general population want?
- What would doctors and nurses want?
- How many pt. are depressed or demented?